What does EDUCAUSE offer to faculty?
EDUCAUSE offers training, informative reporting, and programs that support technological innovation by professors. Here are a few highlights:
- PROFESSIONAL LEARNING Take advantage of free monthly EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) Webinars for members, which include many teaching and learning topics of interest from respected presenters from across the country. Includes the Anti-racism in Academic (ARiA) series. Or check out the Online Teaching Pathway that features an excellent, structured and self-paced learning opportunity that is free to members.
- REPORTS and the Quick Polls to try to learn how higher ed is responding to specific emerging topics. Their reports capture trends, attitudes, and opinions of students, professors, and others in higher ed. This can help you connect experiences to data or make evidence-based decisions in your course design. The EDUCAUSE 2020 Student Technology Report: Supporting the Whole Student was just released and more about that is below, as just one example!
- PUBLICATIONS such as the Transforming Higher Ed BLOG and the EDUCAUSE Review magazine get ideas about engagement, security, creating online content, and other topics that will spark ideas for your own classes and course development!
- COMMUNITY EDUCAUSE has several Teaching and Learning Community groups that are member-led and focus on specific topics
How do I claim my EDUCAUSE membership?
To access member benefits, simply sign up and create your member profile with EDUCAUSE.
From the main EDUCAUSE website, click on “Become a Member” in the upper right menu and scroll to the very bottom where it says “Log in or create a profile.”
You can also start from the Member page to see member benefits. Remember, this is an organizational membership so it does not cost you anything! As an organizational membership, you simply need to connect your signup to Mt. San Antonio College.
To do this, fill out the profile and when signing up, start typing “Mt. San Antonio College” in the field called “Organization.” When Mt. San Antonio college pops up as an option, select it from the drop-down menu of member colleges. Use your Mt. SAC email address in the form. These choices allow EDUCAUSE to review your application and confirm your membership through the college.
A Glimpse at EDUCAUSE REPORTS
- Students liked early nudge programs and rated them as very useful
- Half of students reporting a disability in the study did not register with DSPS for accommodations.
- Students connect to an average of 2 devices a day
- The majority of students prefer face-to-face classes
Here’s a link to the Student Technology Report Infographic with other highlights. This is but one example of the most recent report from EDUCAUSE on teaching and learning.
NEED MORE INFO? REACH OUT TO YOUR EDUCAUSE AMBASSADOR AT MT. SAC
This year, I am serving as the EDUCAUSE ambassador for Mt. SAC. If you have questions related to our college’s membership in EDUCAUSE, please let me know!
Michelle Newhart, email@example.com, 909-274-5020
Do you have a suggestion for a future FCLT News Byte post?
Comment below to let us know!