Welcome to Summer Session 2021! Although we are still primarily online, we are beginning to see the restrictions of the pandemic ease and a return to campus is on the horizon!
As summer gets underway, we invite you to use our online resources in the Canvas Faculty Center to help you learn about and manage Canvas.
Here are some topics you can learn about in the Canvas Faculty Center:
- checklists and resource docs (including Roles and Permissions in Canvas)
- start of term reminders/checklist
- settings and roles specific to our Mt. SAC Canvas account
- frequent faculty service requests
- apps available in Canvas
- how to Fix Problems
- how to add accommodations for extra time on quizzes or extra time on assignments
- One Term Ends, Another Begins with tips for Summer Session
- The Tool Line-Up for Fall 2021 with info about tool changes
- Spring Cleaning with TidyUP about this new tool that can help with Canvas organization
If you have questions or need help with Canvas or tools in Canvas, the FCLT has “Open Lab” Hours. When we are on campus, these open lab hours are longer and let you come in to hang out and work in the computer lab with FCLT team members on hand to answer questions. In the Zoom era, they are essentially extra Zoom office hours when you can ask questions. These are drop-in hours; no advance sign-in is needed.
- Tuesday June 22 2-3pm
- Wednesday June 23 10-11am
- Thursdays (ever week classes are in session): 2-3pm