What’s inside this issue?
- Find Out Fridays: Course Design 101 (Nov. 18)
- Regular & Substantive Interaction One-on-One Appointments
- Cool Learning Opportunities
- Blog Spotlight: Welcome Home – Course Card & Home Page Tips for Humanizing
- Appointments for Instructional Design and RSI Help for Distance Learning
- In Case You Missed It
1. Find Out Fridays: Course Design 101 (Nov. 18)
Join Katie Datko on Friday, 11/18 at 10:00 AM for steps to develop tech-mediated courses using backwards design principles.
2. Regular & Substantive Interaction One-On-One Appointments
If you are teaching an online course and would like to get some advice, ideas, or feedback on regular and substantive interaction in your class, please make an appointment with Michelle, Eva, or Katie. We’re here to support you!
3. COOL Learning Opportunities
The following is a short list of webinars (not available for hours) from various CCC groups and vendors. If you are curious about a tool or platform, register to check them out!
- CVC Accessibility Webinar Series: Student Experience & Universal Design for Learning11/10 from 3 – 4 PM
- Digital Solutions for your Online Classroom. 11/18 from 12 — 1 PM
- Use PlayPosit Interactive Video to Solve Common Pain Points 11/18 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- WebAim Document Accessible Document Training Cohort (independent study) sign up before 12/5.
4. Blog Spotlight: Welcome Home – Course Card & Home Page Tips for Humanizing
It’s never too late to think about the ways in which we communicate with our students in tech-mediated instruction! Check out some of Eva Figueroa’s resources and tips in her blog post, Course Card & Home Page Tips for Humanizing, about some steps you can take right away to create more inclusive course content!
5. Appointments for General Instructional Design Help
Just a reminder that the FCLT staff is available to help you with all your instructional technology needs! This includes help with online course design & pedagogy. To make an appointment, please go to the FCLT Bookings Page. 📆
6. In Case You Missed It
If you missed a newsletter, check your email or click here for our past issues of News Bytes Weekly. 📰