Did you know that as a Mt. SAC employee, you have full access to The Chronicle of Higher Education? That’s right! Mt. SAC has a site license, so all employees have 100% free access. According to The Chronicle’s FAQ page, [our] site license includes access to:
- The Chronicle’s content, daily news, and data.
- Articles and essays dating back to 1989.
- Special issues like The Almanac of Higher Education and The Trends Report.
- Daily and weekly newsletters with the creation of a free account.
- Virtual events with topics for everyone on campus.
- Opinion pieces from leaders in higher education.
- Higher Education job board and salary comparison data.
How [to] access our site license
Access to Chronicle.com is available anytime and anywhere, whether on campus, at the office or reading from home, as the site license provides both IP authentication and domain access.
IP Access – If you are on campus or at the office: Go to Chronicle.com for access. You may be asked to authenticate through your library.
Domain Access – If you are accessing remotely: Go to Chronicle.com and Sign In to your account, if you already have one, for access. If you do not already have an account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Chronicle.com and click on the “Sign In” link at the top, right-hand side of the page.
2. Click on the “Sign Up” link to create a free account using your institutional or organizational email address. You also have the option to sign up for The Chronicle’s free email newsletters during the registration process.
3. Activate your account by confirming your email address in the “The Chronicle: Confirm your email address” email.
But that’s not all. For Mt. SAC employees only, you can also access Mt. SAC’s EDUCAUSE membership for three easy payments of FREE-99! Check out Michelle’s blog post, Take Advantage of our Mt. SAC EDUCAUSE Membership!, for more details.
Have you used EDUCAUSE or The Chronicle of Higher Education? Do you know of another free and useful resource for professors/Mt. SAC employees? Comment below to let us know!