I attended the InstructureCon online conference yesterday, Thursday, Oct. 7. To be honest, I wasn’t that excited about it this year for some reason; however, their badging system got me really into it, and I’m so glad I attended.
I heard inspiring keynotes from Dr. Knatokie Ford and Will.I.Am; learned some really helpful information that I’ll share with you in this post; took a selfie (#nofilter as you can tell) with my hula panda from InstructureCon 2019; earned all my badges; and am looking forward to receiving my free Canvas swag! (I love getting free stuff, haha.)
Canvas Studio Updates
I’m working on an online, self-paced version of the live workshop, Easy & Engaging Videos with Canvas Studio, that I’ve led a few times, so I was eager to attend the Canvas Studio Updates breakout during the conference to keep up with those changes which include (drumroll, please…)
- Chromebook Compatibility
- Media Annotations
- WCAG2.1 Compliance
- Admin Analytics
- Vimeo Support
Updates Coming by the End of 2021
- Sharing to Custom Groups
- Zoom Integration
- Improved Media Insights
- Extended Public API
I’m most excited about the Vimeo update. It’s ironic that Canvas has it’s own videos on Vimeo, but Studio was only supporting YouTube videos. I’m so happy that they’re expanding the external sources from which you can stream videos in Studio!
Adding a Vimeo video to Studio is similar to adding a YouTube video:
2. Right-click (CTRL+click on a mac) on the link below the Share icons, and select “Copy link address.”
3. Paste the link in the Studio +Add pop-up.
The Process for Studio Updates
- Canvas Studio Updates (14:57)
- Keynote by Dr. Knatokie Ford: Award-Winning Author, Biomedical Scientist, CEO and Founder of Fly Sci Enterprise, and Former White House Advisor (23:16)
- Keynote by Will.I.Am: Grammy-Winning Hip Hop Artist, Record Producer, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, and CEO and Founder of i.am.angel Foundation (44:15)
- Keynote by Lauren Bush Lauren: CEO and Founder of FEED Project (11:18)
- All InstructureCon 2021 Recordings (times vary) **Note the filter options toward the top of the page **