slightly open laptop emitting colorful light

At the Peralta Equity Conference in 2022, I attended a session about the DEI Collaborative. I loved what they were doing and signed up to participate. The DEI Collaborative is a cross-institution project to connect quality course design standards to best practices for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion so they can be cross-referenced. Here’s a short video about the project:

Annotations for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Online Course Design

I’ve really enjoyed participating in this project for the past year. In small groups, we work on annotating an assigned DEI best practice; we flush out the practice details, provide examples, and list sources to support the practice. After the first round of collaboration in our small groups, we get and give feedback with another small group on each other’s assigned practice. Then we go back and make improvements to our practice based on the input from the other group.

If you’d like to learn more about the project, visit the DEI Collaborative Website; it’s a work in progress but has good starter information, and they always welcome others to join the collaborative. I look forward to sharing more on our progress in the future!

Have a question or comment about the DEI Collaborative? Comment below or reach out to me or the project leads.